Check out our delicious gluten free Christmas pudding recipe – so moreish you won’t even feel like you’re missing out!
Christmas pudding is without doubt a Christmas essential, and with less than a week to go, it’s time to make the traditional pud!
If you’re gluten intolerant there’s no reason you should have to miss out, and this recipe is so good you won’t even notice the difference.
To ensure you get your Christmas Pudding fix, we give you our amazing gluten free recipe. It’s not only deliciously fruity, moist and indulgent but it’s so easy to make too!
75g Dried apricots
150g Pitted dates
100g Ground almonds
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ginger
- Soak the sultanas, raisins, currents and dried apricots in brandy over night
- Combine the pitted dates, ground almonds, orange zest, grated apple and spices in a food processor and grind them together
- Once these are combined, mix in the soaked fruit and stir well
- Beat the eggs and slowly add them to combine the mixture. If you are vegan you can use maple syrup in place of the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into a pudding basin and cover with foil. Then place it in a steamer and cook gently for 3 hours. Alternatively, steam it in a pre-heated oven for 2 hours at 180°C
- If you want to make this even more boozy, create a few small holes and pour over a few tablespoons of brandy
Decorate however you desire and enjoy – it’s to die for with a dollop of brandy cream!