Cloud & Automation Developer
Shopomo is on a mission to change the way people shop online by creating a website and native apps that allow consumers to find exactly what they’re looking for, thanks to an honest and relevant search logic; no ads or sponsored listings.
We’ve been fortunate enough to grow quite quickly and now offer over 22 million products from over 1400 of the UK’s top retailers, award-winning brands and independent boutiques.
We’re an ambitious company, who have already built a mature and multi-skilled development team and we would like to add a Developer focused on cloud and automation to our team.
Our technology team is a great place to work. Full of ideas and innovation, it needs similarly creative minds to help carry on the startling progress already made. We are looking for people who enjoy working in a team environment, whilst still having the discipline to do individual work at times. We are flexible in our structure, and people will always have the chance to learn other skills as time progresses, as we actively encourage it. There is obviously opportunity to impress and progress through the company if desired. Here you have the opportunity to help shape what we create.
You will be working in sprints with a team of web developers, helping to add and improve features of the website as well as debug and diagnose technical issues. We put a large emphasis on working incrementally and delivering as quickly and as often as possible. You will be involved in choosing appropriate technologies for each feature and improving deployments and automation.
In this role, you will be working in a dynamic team who are happy to share knowledge and learn in the process. You will have contact with different projects and tools, from Environment Automation to Search Engines. You will be encouraged to actively contribute in decisions for the areas involving Cloud Automation, Monitoring, Search and Continuous Delivery.
- Define and implement Cloud Automation tasks
- Make accurate estimations and meet the project requirements
- Help to define software architecture
- Be involved in evolving our continuous integration pipeline
- Implement scalable solutions using distributed technologies
- Introduce new concepts and technologies when required
- Work within an agile team and help to improve team processes
Skills and Experience:
– Azure or AWS experience
– Knowledge in Windows and Linux environments
– Knowledge of environment automation best practices.
– Experience writing Puppet modules and ARM templates
– Results driven attitude with good balance of quality
– Works well in a team
– Passion for Cloud automation and continuous delivery
– Proficient in English
Azure, Octopus, GIT, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, ARM.